The following Miller's and Haolam Shredded Cheese products are recalled due to potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes:
- All 8 oz and 16 oz. bags of Miller's and Haolam shredded cheese (Pizza, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Fancy, Muenster, R/F Muenster, R/F Cheddar), with an expiration of June 5,2012 through Sept 4, 2012
- All 32 oz bags of Miller’s shredded Mozzarella and Haolam Shredded Mozzarella and Gourmet Blend with an expiration date of February 6, 2012 through May 7, 2012
- All 5 lb bags of Miller’s and Haolam shredded Mozzarella, Cheddar, Muenster and Monterey Jack with a pack date of September 8, 2011 through Dec 7, 2011
- Please note: everything is expiration date except the 5 lb. Shredded bags are pack date.
The plant that was the subject of the voluntary recall is only a packaging facility, and the cheese involved was a different brand of cheese that was brought into the plant with the listeria. As noted, all of the Miller’s shredded cheese tested, was found to be negative for the Listeria monocytogenes.
From Stop and Shop and Giant Supermarkets on December 30, 2011 The following Cheese products, with expiration dates of June 5, 2012 through September 4, 2012, are recalled due to potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes:
- Miller's Shredded Cheddar Cheese Size: 8 oz. UPC: 7881236950
- Miller's Shredded Mozzarella Cheese Size: 8 oz. UPC: 7881200910
- Haolam Shredded Cheddar Cheese Size: 8 oz. UPC: 2663826200
- Haolam Shredded Mozzarella Cheese Size: 8 oz. UPC: 2663800264
- Haolam Shredded Pizza Cheese Size: 8 oz. UPC: 2663826300
Customers may contact Miller's via their website at www.millerscheesecorp.com, Giant Consumer Affairs at 1-888-469-4426 or Stop & Shop Consumer Affairs at 1-800-767-7772.
The previous alert can be cited with the URL: http://www.kashrut.com/Alerts/?alert=A3708